Entangled Solutions - Consulting Team Leader
Higher Education is undergoing the most rapid period of change in its history. To stay relevant, traditional institutions are moving towards new instructional models and launching new types of programs. The best results are often achieved when internal innovation teams are partnering with mission-aligned private companies to catalyze, plan, implement, support, and scale strategic initiatives.
Founded in 2015 and based in San Francisco, Entangled Solutions is a full-service agency that supports education innovators at each stage, from concept development and planning to implementation and scaling. Its services include strategic consulting, initiative design, implementation planning, fundraising support, program development, faculty training, enrollment marketing, and organization creation.
At Entangled Solutions a Consulting Team Leader has dual roles – project manager and consultant. We are a team of entrepreneurs-at-heart that invest in “full-stack” talent – individuals who have the capacity to help improve every aspect of our (and our clients’) business. You must be able to coordinate multiple teams composed of consultants, designers, and analysts. You’ll be expected to provide clear direction on research and deliverable design, write detailed reports, and interact with high-profile clients. Most importantly, the person who fills this role will need to be comfortable brainstorming and occasionally going toe-to-toe with some of the brightest minds in Higher Education. As this person gains experience driving change in Higher Education, he/she may have the opportunity to incubate and grow his/her own early-stage company within Entangled Ventures, our parent company.
- Recommendation development. Collaborate deeply with Lead Consultants to generate truly innovative concepts for our clients. You will be equal parts consultant and project manager.
- Deliverable development. Oversee the creation of, and produce the written content for, beautiful, high-quality project deliverables (e.g., presentations, reports, strategic plans).
- Project planning. Create well-scoped work plans detailing the end-to-end delivery of projects.
- Research management. Coordinate research and analysis to uncover key trends that will inform our recommendations.
- Internal team management. Manage a distributed team of analysts, designers, writers, and consultants.
- Customer communications. Conduct check-in calls, stakeholder interviews, and occasional campus visits.
This position is based in our San Francisco office (Galvanize SF) with very flexible hours. Although the majority of your time will be in the office, you can work from home, when desired. Expect to travel 1-3 times per quarter for customer meetings.
- Consulting. Ability to scope projects accurately, (sometimes) with limited information. Experience conducting in-depth interviews for the purpose of extracting important information. Ability to think both creatively and analytically to develop innovative recommendations in collaboration with a Lead Consultant.
- Project management. Experience delegating research, design, and production tasks to a diverse team of professionals. Highly organized with a commitment to deliver projects on time and on budget. High attention to detail – able to provide feedback on deliverable quality.
- Communication. Proficiency writing clear analysis for reports and presentations. Ability to organize large amounts of information into a compelling narrative structure. Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Education expertise. Familiarity with, and a passion for, Higher Ed innovation. Experience and background in some of the four areas below will be particularly valuable.
- Market research studies
- Strategic planning
- Career services
- Program creation
- Design direction. Ability to provide design direction for Entangled Solutions reports, presentations, and other deliverables. Strong copy editing skills for both written and visual deliverables.
- Client management. Ability to manage high-profile relationships (e.g., running 1-1 meetings with college presidents).
Generous health/dental/vision benefits (100% for employees).
Unlimited paid time off.