Head of Marketing (Pathstream)
Head of Marketing
Pathstream is seeking a full-time Head of Marketing to lead the development of a marketing team and function at Pathstream. Applicants should be passionate about the future of education and excited about the Pathstream mission to reach underserved and non-traditional students with an education that prepares them for the jobs of tomorrow. This position is based at Pathstream’s headquarters in downtown San Francisco.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to get their hands dirty, take ownership and be accountable for all marketing activities including setting high-level yearly strategies aligned to the business goals for Pathstream and building a top-notch team to execute on those strategies.
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to tech-related careers, at scale.
Software companies, colleges, students, and employers suffer from a growing skills gap because there is no intermediary to provide education that directly prepares students for digital-skill careers.
We partner with leading software companies to build college curriculum for emerging digital skill careers, which are delivered to students through our national network of community college and university partners through our online, active-learning environment. Students can access these courses just like any other course at their college, at no extra cost. However, unlike most college courses, our program and technology allows students to learn by creating real work projects in the same software used on the job.
Progress in our first 9 months:
- Partnerships with Facebook, Unity, Tableau, Silicon Valley Bank, and Salesforce (others to be announced soon)
- Partnerships with 25+ community colleges that collectively reach over 1 million students
- Viewed as a groundbreaking new model in HigherEd, as featured in this TechCrunch article.
About the role and your impact
The Head of Marketing will work with the CEO to build a world-class, robust marketing engine to expand Pathstream’s revenue and scope of impact. Specific responsibilities include:
- Marketing Strategy
- Oversee development and delivery of an integrated marketing strategy and plan
- Lead the day-to-day activities of the marketing team, including oversight of external resources and contractors
- Work with CEO and leadership team to set goals and strategies to accelerate student enrollment and revenue growth
2. Tell Our Story
- Oversee all components of the Pathstream brand strategy
- Work with the Pathstream ecosystem (CEO, sales, product, design) to distill our key benefits into our marketing message.
- Craft and develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (e.g. website, video content, whitepapers, blogs)
- Oversee public relations strategy (including event engagement and speaking opportunities)
3. Partner & Student Acquisition (Lead Generation)
- Lead multi-channel digital lead generation (including SEM, SEO, Social and Marketing automation) to acquire students
- Ensure SEO through strategic use of keywords and content
- Develop and refine marketing communications to convert leads to applicants
- Lead relevant market research on Pathstream’s competitive landscape and prospective customers
4. Sales Partnership Enablement
- Collaborate with Partnerships team to ensure they have the tools to meet revenue growth targets
- Lead the vision and development of sales-enablement content including landing pages, one-pagers, and other collateral
- Proven work experience as a marketing director or other senior marketing role; 8 or more years of progressively responsible experience
- Ideally have industry experience in higher education
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- High energy leader, able to motivate and excite people around them
- Ability to have detailed conversations regarding analytics and metrics while balancing with consumer and creative insight.
- Ability to helicopter between strategy and execution
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and well-suited to a fast-paced and dynamic environment
About our culture
- We believe in our founding premise - every individual should have access to the digital skills needed to succeed in the modern economy.
- We believe the best team members are kind, collaborative, and supportive.
- We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive.
- We believe in learning and development and seeking feedback to improve.
- We gain energy in rapid-growth environments with evolving expectations and responsibilities.
It almost goes without saying that we’ll offer you
- Big goals, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback.
- A strong sense of ownership and strategic work that impacts our world, users, product, colleagues, and business.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience (this is a full time, exempt, salaried position).
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, paid time off, commuter benefits, and 401(K).
- Great coworkers!
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our Pathstream team, please submit the following application materials to our online job posting:
- A note with 5 sentences or fewer on why you are interested
- A resume or list of previous work experiences
- (Optional) A quick walkthrough of a marketing strategy you have implemented, ideally in the form of a case study (e.g., the problem, your strategy and role, the end result)
Pathstream is an equal opportunity employer. Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristic to apply.