Data Science Curriculum Developer (Pathstream)
At Pathstream, we are on a mission to create radical impact on career and economic mobility, through high quality and accessible career-focused education. To do so, we are building an online platform which teaches job-critical tech skills, and completely changes the nature of the online learning experience. Whereas most online learning consists of passive video lectures, Pathstream users learn and build career skills within actual software platforms that are authentically used on the job, ensuring they are ready to perform in a real work environment. Throughout the courses, users build a portfolio which demonstrates their skills and ultimately earn a certification from the relevant software platform company, both of which ensure that their efforts translate into actual career mobility.
We are building courses in collaboration with major tech companies, such as Facebook and Unity, that are the creators of the software that is used for work and in our courses. We are additionally establishing partnerships with colleges across the country to ensure these courses and skills are accessible to traditional learners as well as working adults. You can find more on the work we’ve done to date in this TechCrunch article.
We are seeking a Data Science Curriculum Designer who will co-lead the design and creation of Pathstream’s Data Science online instructional content. This position is a full-time position, starting as soon as the candidate is available.
The primary responsibility of the role is to create engaging and informative curriculum which will be delivered online through the Pathstream platform.
What you’ll do:
- Design and author data analysis and data science online course curriculum.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Data Science experts to specify key learning outcomes critical for success in this professional field.
- Translate dense, complex subject material into clear, compelling, and well structured curricula.
- Develop engaging, interactive online learning modules, including supporting multi-media.
- Design project based learning experiences in collaboration with our incredible learning experience design team and subject matter experts.
- Format, edit, and perform quality assurance checks on your own work and the work of others, ensuring consistency of voice and message, precision, clarity, and overall engaging and aesthetically pleasing output across all types of communications and deliverables (and get paid to learn in the process!)
Relevant Experience and Mindset:
- You are an excellent communicator, especially in writing, and have the ability to express complex topics clearly and easily. You have a strong command of the English language.
- You love data: You have 1-2 years of professional data science experience with an expertise in SQL, Python, and related Python libraries (pandas, numpy).
- You have domain expertise in statistics, mathematics, and probability and the ability to build and apply statistical models in python using machine learning libraries, such as scikit-learn and statsmodels.
- You have an understanding of statistical hypothesis testing and experimental design, data visualization techniques and tools, and manipulation of large data sets.
- You have the ability to demonstrate and explain the function of machine learning algorithms.
- You’re highly detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills - whether it’s content organization or organizing your own workflow.
- You’re collaborative by nature and are energized by cross-functional work.
- You’re interested in working in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities.
- You understand that a job goes beyond a job description and are willing to lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed.
- You’re passionate about career-focused education and/or economic mobility and using technology-based solutions in this space
- You’re on top of industry trends in big data, machine learning, deep learning, and AI.
- You have previous data science or engineering curriculum development experience (a course, workshop, team training, etc.)
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Meaningful early stage equity.
- Generous health/dental/vision benefits (100% for employees).
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Work from home two to three days per week if desired.