Full Stack Developer - Pathstream - Venture-backed EdTech Startup
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to knowledge economy jobs, at scale.
Software companies, colleges, students, and employers suffer from a growing skills gap because there is no intermediary to provide education that directly prepares students for digital-skill careers.
We partner with leading software companies to build college curriculum for emerging digital skill careers, which are delivered to students through our national network of community college and university partners through our online, active-learning environment. Students can access these courses just like any other course at their college, at no extra cost. However, unlike most college courses, our program and technology allows students to learn by creating real work projects in the same software used on the job.
Our courses are offered on the Pathstream learning platform, which includes a killer labs feature that allows students to learn while working in industry leading software used on the job, and eliminates the frictions of learning new digital skills - students can jump into learning without wasting any time on downloading, installing, or configuring new tools or projects.
Progress in our first 9 months
- Partnerships with Facebook, Unity, Tableau, Silicon Valley Bank, and Salesforce (and others to be announced soon)
- Partnerships with 25+ community colleges that collectively reach over 1 million students
- Viewed as a groundbreaking new model in higher ed - as featured in this TechCrunch article
In short, we are a lean team (less than 15 FTEs) that have product/market fit and now rapidly scaling. We are looking for an engineer to help build our product as we grow.
Interested? You’ll know that this opportunity is a good fit for you if:
- You’re a quick study who can rapidly ramp up and start contributing
- You’ve been the primary or a significant contributor to the development of large-scale web applications, and have dealt with scaling problems and performance tuning
- You’re a team-player who is at home in an agile environment with weekly sprints, and continuous development and deployment
- You’re a self-starter who presses into ambiguity and is able to learn whatever you need to to get the job done
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to effectively communicate with non technical stakeholders
- You understand that this is a startup and that you are your own QA team (This is why experience automating the testing of your own code is a plus!)
We're looking for developers who already have the following digital skills and experience:
- 4+ years of work experience developing complex web applications
- Ruby on Rails is a plus, or experience with other OOP languages with a desire and ability to learn RoR
- Proficiency with relational databases
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Well-versed in AWS (e.g., EC2, RDS, S3, Simple Email Service)
- C# and node.js is a plus
- Experience with microservices architecture is a plus
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Meaningful early stage equity.
- Generous health/dental/vision benefits (100% for employees).
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401K plan.
- Work from home two to three days per week if desired.
Pathstream Commitment to Diversity
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We need a diverse team that can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of stakeholders we seek to serve. As such, Pathstream is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristic to apply.