Curriculum Quality Assurance Manager (Pathstream)
What we do at Pathstream
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to knowledge economy jobs, at scale. To achieve this, we partner with leading tech companies, such as Facebook and Unity, to support the delivery of career-critical digital skills programs through our national network of community college and university partnerships, which collectively reach over 1 million students.
Our career programs are delivered through our own online learning environment which teaches job-critical tech skills through active learning experiences and real work simulations, unlike the passive experience of most online learning.Throughout the courses, users build a portfolio which demonstrates their skills and ultimately earn a certification from the relevant software platform company, both of which ensure that their efforts translate into actual career mobility.
We have built programs for clients such as, Facebook on Digital Marketing, Unity on VR/AR, and Silicon Valley Bank in Business & Data Analytics. More about Pathstream's partnership with Facebook and Unity can be found in this TechCrunch article.
What this role is about
You will work closely with our fast growing Learning Experience Design team in developing new courses and refining existing courses to continually improve student outcomes to ensure curriculum and course quality standards are met and pedagogical best practices are followed.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong sense for high quality learning design as well as strong attention to detail and owners mindset. This role also requires strong empathy and user centered approach to creating learning experiences.
As Curriculum Quality Assurance Manager, you will have a hand in every course. This requires the dexterity and flexibility to move quickly from one project to the next, as well as the individual leadership manage your time to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with a strong bias for action that is not afraid to dig into the details to ensure we are creating content that is engaging, effective, and closely aligned to intended career paths.
At Pathstream, all team members must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, have a passion for innovation in online learning. You will report directly to our Director of Learning Experience Design and partner with the entire team to drive Pathstream’s success.
- Analyze Pathstream’s online courses in technical subject areas using a user testing approach.
- Document and communicate errors in the curriculum content and activities that affect the learner experience.
- Document and communicate any functionality issues with the online learning platform.
- Suggest concrete revisions to technical content, activities, exercises and projects that enhances the student experience and aligns with Pathstream’s learning design best practices.
- Work collaboratively with course authors and the management team; communicate feedback regarding the curriculum and align on expectations and plans for revisions.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience writing curriculum and/or teaching or tutoring students, particularly in online learning environments
- Knowledge of best practices and effective pedagogical approaches in online learning
- Process-oriented mindset
- Ability to work within deadlines yet remain flexible in shifting environments
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on new technical skill areas
- Interest in working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience copyediting
- Familiarity with online learning platforms
- Familiarity with ADA compliance standards
- Familiarity and experience in the field of Quality Assurance policies and procedures
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- Free snacks, drinks, coffee, and tea in SF office.