Client Success and Operations (HigherEd Partnerships)- Pathstream
Note: This is a position for Pathstream
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to knowledge economy jobs, at scale.
Software companies, colleges, students, and employers suffer from a growing skills gap because there is no intermediary to provide education that directly prepares students for digital-skill careers.
We partner with leading software companies to build college curriculum for emerging digital skill careers, which are delivered to students through our national network of community college and university partners through our online, active-learning environment. Students can access these courses just like any other course at their college, at no extra cost. However, unlike most college courses, our program and technology allows students to learn by creating real work projects in the same software used on the job.
Progress in our first 9 months
- Partnerships with Facebook, Unity, Tableau, Silicon Valley Bank, and Salesforce (and others to be announced soon)
- Partnerships with 25+ community colleges that collectively reach over 1 million students
- Viewed as a groundbreaking new model in higher ed - as featured in this TechCrunch article
In short, we are a lean team (less than 15 FTEs) that have product/market fit and now rapidly scaling. We are looking for a Director of Product Design to lead the development and elevation of our product as we grow.
About the Role
As Client Success & Operations Manager you will work cross-functionally to serve as a liaison between Pathstream and our higher education partners.
You will lead the implementation of Pathstream’s curriculum across multiple college and university partners- seeing it through from initial exploration to full implementation and support. You will work closely with Project Managers and the Vice President of Partner Innovation and Success to ensure students, faculty, and leaders at each institution are delighted by their Pathstream experience.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to manage multiple clients, have strong attention to detail, understand the nuanced landscape of higher education, and have a passion for innovation and bridging the digital skills gap. This role requires strategic thinking and problem solving, and strong communication skills.
- Develop relationships with institutional partners and provide day-to-day management of Pathstream’s programs from implementation to launch and continuous improvement
- Take a leadership role in launching new programs from conception to start date by closely collaborating with our project managers, curriculum operations lead, and product team
- Work closely with academic leaders and faculty across multiple institutions and proactively seek out and resolve issues that may jeopardize a program launch or overall success
- Communicate clear, actionable plans to facilitate the launch of new programs while being mindful of institutional processes
- Identify and maintain informational touch points for successful relationship management for each institutional partner
- Provide colleges with input on delivery models and curriculum initiatives
- Provide Pathstream’s internal teams with advice and input based on information gathered from institutional partners
You’ll be successful if you have many of the following:
- Three years of experience working with academic partners and leaders in higher education to launch new programs or curriculum products
- Ability to drive decision-making process with diplomacy and collaboration across multiple cross-functional departments within institutions
- Strong change management and negotiation skills
- Understanding of student and faculty experience in online higher education
- Experience in objectively evaluating current processes for opportunities to optimize interdepartmental communication, collaboration, and end-to-end process performance
- Previous experience working in fast-paced, high-performing environments
- Strong prioritization and interpersonal skills to balance multiple demands
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
You get bonus points if you have:
- Systems design understanding and business process expertise
Pathstream is a great match for you if:
- You’re deeply passionate about increasing equity and access in education and/or workforce development / training.
- You’re a top one-percenter on ambition, hard work and hustle.
- You’re an excellent communicator and have the ability to express complex topics clearly and easily. You have a strong command of the English language.
- You’re a fast learner: you pick up on new topics quickly, enabling you to speak the language of our tech partners about their products and users.
- You’re collaborative by nature and are energized by cross-functional work.
- You thrive in fast changing, high growth environments with changing expectations and responsibilities.
- You understand that a job goes beyond a job description and are willing to lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed.
- You’re a great team member who is kind, collaborative, and supportive.
- You’re mission oriented; you’re fully motivated to create a positive impact in the world.
About our culture
- We believe in our founding premise - every individual should have access to the digital skills needed to succeed in the modern economy.
- We believe the best team members are kind, collaborative, and supportive.
- We believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive.
- We believe in learning and development and seek feedback to improve.
- We gain energy in rapid-growth environments with evolving expectations and responsibilities.
What we offer
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience (this is a full time, exempt, salaried position).
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, flex spending accounts, paid time off, commuter benefits, and 401(K).
- We’re open to the role being remote or in-person in our San Francisco office.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our Pathstream team, please submit the following application materials to our online job posting:
- A note with 5 sentences or fewer on why you are interested plus your salary needs
- A resume or list of previous work experiences
Pathstream is an equal opportunity employer. Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristic to apply.